Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Personal Gift for Dad

I read an article in the paper which stated that men have this odd habit of smiling when distressed. I can vouch for this. The study was done by a man who was on a fishing trip and snagged a lure through the middle of his hand. His friends helped him, but only after laughing themselves to tears. He wondered if this was an instinctive reaction for men, or whether his friends were just idiots.

I can see all the ladies eyes rolling right now.

The study found out that men did indeed "grin and bear it". But I will add one extra observation so as to separate the man from the sociopath. When a critical emergency hits, most men will react swiftly and in a very sober manner. We save the giggles and guffaws for the other stuff.

Which brings me to bathroom humour.

A lot of men of a certain age have trouble "with the plumbing". And those that don't are on a heightened state of alert. You ladies may here us joking about it and teasing the fellow who is heading off to the can for yet one more squirt, but bear in mind the study I mentioned.

With this in mind I'll pass on a notice I received from a Vitamin Company I deal with. Puritan's Pride is offering a great special on all Men's products. And yes there will be smiling and joking when he gets your gift basket.....but I'll bet the bottles will soon be empty!

Buy 1 Get 2 Free on Men's Vitamins and Supplements including Saw Palmetto at Puritan's Pride.

Happy Father's Day!
Colin

No comments: