Thursday, September 25, 2008

Afraid of Vista? Then Wait and Use These Tips

Vista is about to become history. This is good news for a lot of us who have been hearing all the horror stories from friends and experts. Microsoft is coming out with a new operating system in about a year. It is currently called Windows 7. Before that it was called Blackcomb ( a ski mountain nearby). Windows 7 is not an upgrade of Vista. It is a revolution in PC experience. This is important for you to understand because if you go buy a new computer and think that all you will have to do is pop in a new operating system, you will be looking at it with disgust in a couple of years.

Windows 7 is going to have all sorts of interactive features. It will allow you to move things around with a touch of your screen..not the keyboard! I could go on and on, but I hope you get the picture ( pun).

The problem is what to do now!

Are you running Windows XP and are quite happy with it? Well, MS has announced that they will soon be ending support for XP. Is your current computer getting moody? Are you at that stage where you are crossing your fingers every time you open an application? Is it taking a few minutes to load up and get going? Are you getting those awful stalls and hear your hard drive chugging to keep up? Wow, I could go on forever!

Well, I've got news for you. Your computer is not wearing out. In fact, there are very few parts to a computer that ever do wear out. Your main problem is that Windows loves to squirrel massive amount of data away, and then forgets where everything is.

I'm what they call a Power User. When I do research I have a multitude of programs and windows open. I'm searching audio and video files. I'm building and editing multi page websites. And I am conscientious about keeping my computer clean and lean.

But even I was getting frustrated by all those things I mention before. My poor computer was looking exhausted. And I started thinking about building a new one. But the effort and expense held me back. I'm glad that it did, because a friend recommended a book to me.

This book transformed my computer. It is almost back to its feisty self. I say "almost" because I keep throwing some heavy duty programs at it and it's P4 processor struggles to keep up ( video production, spreadsheets, HTML editing, email program,multiple tabs etc, all running at the same time)

I'm recommending this book to you because it is going to help my computer last until 2010 and still allow me to do what I want to do. I'm sure it will do the same for you.

Here is a link to Kris's Ebook. The instructions are very easy to follow, and he follows the book up with weekly resource and tune up tips.Click Here!

So hang in there and keep what you have running smooth. Then when Windows 7 comes you can upgrade and get the full experience of this groundbreaking system.

Colin

No comments: